- S-400 systems are Russian-built; they are capable of intercepting and destroying airborne targets at a distance of up to 400 kilometers (250 miles).
- They can simultaneously engage up to six targets.
- Each S-400 comprises tracking and search radar systems, eight launchers, 112 guided missiles, and command and support vehicles.
- S-400s will help to target stealth aircraft.
- India will be the second customer after China to acquire S-400 systems from Russia.
- It is a Rs. 40,000 crore deal to procure S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems for the Indian Air Force.
- USA may refuse to send US-built Predator drones to India in light of this deal with Russia.
- In 2017, the United States passed the Countering America's Adversaries through Sanctions Act (CAATSA) against Russia for allegedly getting involved in the US election process. The Act allows US government to relook into ties even with close allies that have any links with Russia.
India mainly imports its military equipment from many countries such as - Russia, Israel, the United States and France.